Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Skills USA

Hey all!

For those of you who do not know what Skills USA is, it is an organization made for students, by students and teachers, that allows students to compete in career-related competitions. I'm currently a Skills USA alumni, and I'm very proud. This past weekend was the State Conference of Skills USA. I'm a mentor for my old tech school, so I had two students compete in Principles of Engineering Technology. I'm very honored to be a mentor for high school students, as they look up to me very highly. Fortunately, because of me, my students have chosen to continue their education down the path of engineering.

At the conference, both of my students placed in the top five! That's extremely exciting! Keeping in mind that students from all over Illinois came down to compete in the competition, I'd say my students did excellent. I just thought I'd take a moment to brag about my students' successes and how proud I am to be a mentor.

Go compete in something, you'll feel awesome!
Mikeely

No comments:

Post a Comment